Recently, we encountered an issue installing Sage 50 Accounts v22 on a new Asus Zenbook Windows 10 laptop for a client.
The client had been in touch with Sage and had availed of their remote support solution. Unfortunately, Sage could not fix the issue and suggested that the problem was due to a “firewall” – mm, OK.
After launching “SageAccountsV22.exe”, we received an error message about “platform_installer” has stopped working. Shortly afterwards, a box would appear giving us the option to “repair” or “uninstall”.
Using the repair option yielded another error and resulted in the same problem. We moved on and selected to uninstall the program.
Once the uninstall was complete, we checked for updates in Windows Updates and applied all updates necessary. Two reboots later and we had a fully up to date Windows 10 laptop.
Googling the “platform_installer has stopped working” yielded some results on the Sage website which in turn suggested running the “Sage SBD Desktop Installer Utility (Build 111)”. It seems that this utility is only supposed to be used on versions of Sage Accounts 20 and below.
Nevertheless, after several minutes searching, we downloaded a copy from the Sage website ( available at https://www.rgb.ie/sbd111.exe )
Once downloaded, we installed the Sage SBD Desktop Installer Utility. The install was a success and we tried to install Sage 50 Accounts v22 again.
The “platform_installer” message appeared again but the install continued on and Sage 50 Accounts v22 was successfully installed.
Leave A Comment